| Main |
Thursday, November 02, 2006
New comic is up today at Space Monkeys! No Borats or Charlie Brown were harmed in the making of this strip.
No time to explain, but...
If you have a RAZR phone (or any other Java-enabled cell) and you use Gmail, check out these magicks. Very, very good free thingy to download.
Oh, and what's this? The Television Without Pity book is out! It's called Television Without Pity: 752 Things We Love to Hate (and Hate to Love) About TV. I've got my copy and it's niiiiice. If Studio 60 had been around when the book was written, I bet it would be 753.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
I am more than comics and TV dammit
So, sorry for not posting so much lately. Almost every minute of the day has been occupied with feeling like I'm doing two jobs at once (I sort of am, but that's a story for later in November) and when I'm not working or writing, I'm going into extreme veg mode, watching multiple episodes of Heroes or catching up with the thing I used to do a lot: playing videogames. I am also reading lots fo books. And baking. I made some chocolate, peanut-butter-chip cookies that I'm sure you would have found tasty.
Here's what else is going on:
- I'm working on some writing for an upcoming show that radio personality Bobby Bones is doing with My Man Trejo. Trejo got me involved and I trust his instincts and judgment (fellow Aries, he) -- it starts in mid-November on ME-TV in Austin. I'll give you the heads up when launch is imminent.
- I shot the first scenes of a Law & Order parody sketch that an acquaintance of mine, Carlos from Clasico Entertainment is writing/directing. It's part of a larger film project and I told him that I'm happy to work cheap-as-free as long as I'm working with cool people. So far, that has been the case. Again, more details as some product starts to appear from it.
- I introduced an author at the Texas Book Fair on Saturday. Alfredo José Estrada, who is the founder of Hispanic magazine and now works with the newspaper insert for Latinos, Vista, was reading from his book Welcome to Havana, Señor Hemmingway and from another book about Cuba that will be published in March. It was a very last-minute thing or I'd have been sure to tell you about it if I'd known earlier. It was my first time at the book fest and it was a very cool vibe. Many people showed up to Alfredo's reading, so much so that they had to stand, and that was very cool.
- We're having regular Latino Comedy Project writing meetings, and I have some ideas I like, but truth be told, it's been hard finding time to work on any of them what with the fall TV season and having a lawn and all that.
- Still commuting at least five days a week. Still passing the time with Sirius radio.
See? You didn't miss that much. Just me keeping busy, is all.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Bully for Lex!
New Smallville recap is up at Television Without Pity:
Astral Glide -- A childhood chum of Lex (the only one, actually), returns from the supposed dead to exact revenge on some bullies -- including Oliver -- by means of astral projection. It's electrifying! Meanwhile, Lois keeps pretending to be a journalist, and Clark learns that his Kryptonian friend from the Phantom Zone might have landed on Earth.
And yes, I am very proud of the "Astral Glide" headline.
We knew it would come to this
Sitcom-like shenanigans over in today's Space Monkeys! comic strip. Give it your Must-See-Monday attention, if you would.
| Main |